Medicare beneficiaries and Medicare Advantage plan enrollees who are hospital inpatients in Texas have a statutory right to appeal to TMF for an expedited review of a discharge decision. For more information from CMS’s website, click here.
When TMF Returns Your Call Regarding the Important Message from Medicare, Please Have The Following Information Ready:
- Patient’s date of admission
- Anticipated date of discharge
- Is the patient being discharged to home or another facility?
- If the patient is going to a skilled nursing facility (SNF) is there a bed available?
- Name and phone number of the attending physician
- Brief description of the patient’s condition
Presentation on “Notification of Discharge Appeal Rights," an informative 35-minute presentation.
View TMF appeal contact information.